Vacasa’s CEO Matt Roberts joins David Drapkin to discuss what makes Vacasa a compelling addition to investors’ portfolios as it goes public via SPAC. Vacasa is a vacation rental management platform that is going public via TPG Pace Solutions (TPGS) in a $3.7 billion EV deal that was announced this summer.
More on Vacasa: https://www.vacasa.com/
More on TPG Pace Solutions (TPGS): https://www.tpg.com/pace-solutions
- Matt Roberts – Career History
- Overview of Vacasa’s business
- Vacasa vs. BKNG, EXPE, ABNB
- Covid tailwinds in travel
- What does second home supply look like?
- Growth prospects
- Why go public now, and private to public transition
- CFO Jamie Cohen and Vacasa’s Leadership
- Why SPAC vs. other capital market routes
- Valuation in context
- Partnership with TPG
- What’s Matt most excited about