Aurora CEO Chris Urmson and Reinvent’s (RTPY) Michael Thompson join David Drapkin to talk self-driving technology, why Aurora is setup for success, and the overall SPAC market.
Aurora / Reinvent just announced their shareholder vote on the deal is happening on November 2nd.
Reinvent Technology Partners Y (RTPY), is a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) led by LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman and Zynga founder Mark Pincus.
More on Aurora: https://aurora.tech/
More on Reinvent: https://www.reinventtechnologypartners.com/
- Overview of Aurora and its technology, partnerships
- Why public now vs. an additional private round
- Why Reinvent, process of finding a SPAC
- Sponsor alignment with public shareholders
- Keys to success as a public company
- 2023 Truck launch and go-to-market strategy
- Why Aurora vs. a GM or Waymo?
- Valuation in context vs. Peers and latest raise?
- Telling Aurora’s story to the public
- Capital structure of the company post close
- Reinvent as a SPAC sponsor – picking SPAC targets
- Future of the SPAC market from a sponsor perspective
- Biggest Risk for Aurora