At Boardroom Alpha we spend a lot of time looking at insider buying and selling activity as a way to monitor what actions company insiders are taking and what that might say about the future prospects of a given company.
Have a look in more detail at the below data using our Insider Trading Tacker.
Large cap companies with most aggregate insider sells this week (Tracker link here)
It was an active week, with 12 companies having more than $20mm in net sales. Here are the highlights from this month’s top sellers:
- Amazon founder and CEO Jeffrey P. Bezos sold $3B worth of shares as part of his regular 10b5-1 trading plan
- Director Jeremy S Levine was the lone seller at Pinterest, offloading $32mm worth of shares
- CEO Gregory Brown was the big seller at Motorola, selling $24.6mm worth of shares
In addition to larger sales at small cap companies, there were net sales totaling $5-20mm at 30 companies.
- CEO Michael F Mahoney was the lone seller at Boston Scientific Corporation, offloading $9.1mm worth of shares
- EVP and General Counsel Charles E Sieving was the lone seller at NextEra Energy, selling $9.1mm worth of shares
- EVP Thomas B Newbern was the lone seller at AutoZone, moving $17.5mm worth of shares
Mid cap companies with most aggregate insider sells this week (Tracker link here)
Insider selling was also quite popular at mid-cap companies this past week:
- Quanta Services had the most selling activity, with 7 different individuals ranging from VP to CEO totaling $25.5mm in sales
- VP Scott W Sproule was the lone seller at the SPX Corporation, selling $7.2mm worth of shares
- Director Borge Hald was the lone seller at Medallia, selling $16.2mm worth of shares.
For small caps… (Tracker link here)
There were 11 companies with net sales greater than $1mm, with International Money Express standing out:
- International Money Express directors Justin B Wender and Adam P Godfrey sold $7.8mm worth of shares apiece, with CEO Robert List adding on $1.6mm in sales
Insider buying activity this week was infrequent. Only two companies across all market cap classifications had more than 1mm in net buys… (Tracker link here)
- CEO Ernest S Rady was the lone buyer at American Assets Trust, purchasing $3.8mm worth of shares
Track all the latest CEO, CFO, and director trades as well as get comprehensive analytics on track record and potential future performance with Boardroom Alpha’s ESG Analytics Platform.
Boardroom Alpha provides in-depth analytics and tracking of all public company executives and officers. Get a demo today to see how you can receive real-time alerts and in-depth analytics.