At Boardroom Alpha we spend a lot of time looking at insider buying and selling activity as a way to monitor what actions company insiders are taking and what that might say about the future prospects of a given company.
Have a look in more detail at the below data using our Insider Trading Tacker.
Large-cap companies with most aggregate insider sells this week
11 companies had more than $20mm in net sales.
- Founder and CEO Anthony Wood (B) was the lone seller at Roku (ROKU), selling $111mm worth of shares
- Datadog (DDOG) co-founders Alexis Le-Quoc (B-) and Olivier Pomel (B-) sold $43.4mm and $40.6mm worth of shares respectively. Le-Quoc serves as CTO, while Pomel is CEO; both serve on the board.
- There were 5 individual sellers at Monolithic Power Systems (MPWR). The biggest seller was founder and CEO Michael Hsing (A), who sold $20.4mm worth of shares. SVP Maurice Sciammas also sold $10.5mm worth of shares. Following those two, CFO Theodore Blegen (B-), GC Saria Tseng, and President of Asia Operations Deming Xiao each registered sales less than $2mm.
In addition to the bigger sales at large-cap companies, there were smaller but still significant net sales totaling $10-20mm at 6 large-cap companies.
- CSO John Geist and CAO Matthew Murphy sold $13.2mm and $6.7mm worth of Boston Beer Company (SAM) shares.
- EVP Mark Finestone was responsible for the bulk of sales at AutoZone (AZO), offloading $10.7mm worth of shares. SVP Domingo Hurtado sold $.1mm worth of shares.
Mid-cap companies with most aggregate insider sells this week
There were 6 companies with more than $10mm in net sales:
- Co-founder and CEO David Morken (B) was the big seller at Bandwith (BAND), offloading $26.2mm worth of shares. 6 others sold less than $.3mm worth of shares.
- Founder and CEO William Hoffman sold $8.4mm worth of Inari Medical (NARI) shares. COO Andrew Hykes sold $2.2mm worth of shares
Sales were minor this week, with no totals greater than $5mm.
Across all segments of the market no insiders bought more than $1mm worth of shares.